OBM!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Splitting Heats and MI's

Go down

Splitting Heats and MI's Empty Splitting Heats and MI's

Post  Dalags Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:24 pm

Splitting heats
The thought of doing this used to proper put me off, but luckily I got sent NickM's grid calculator a few weeks into running my first league - miles better than manually trying to randomise heats by cutting and pasting them. Full credit to Nick for this, I've updated the Readme just so it's simpler to follow and more logical

Download here: https://www.mediafire.com/?8q2636nd848pir3

Enter all numbers of drivers who are racing into DriversList.txt except hosts and drivers who you manually want to place in heats (DP's and potential problem causers).
Best ways to list drivers is by either :
-just listing drivers .tex files who are in the pack (careful if drivers sent 2 cars) - though if there are noshows on the night, you'll have to re-list Drivers to avoid unbalanced amounts in servers
-or just listing drivers in chat. obviously with this method you could be leaving it very last minute, and people joining through the meeting might get missed off.

Run the GridCalc
You'll get the heat split in MI.txt   **************THE MI.TXT GETS OVERWRITTEN EVERYTIME THE GRIDCALC IS RAN
SO NEVER GET INTO A HABIT OF EDITING IT **********************

Make a copy of your MI template, rename it to TNB Icebreaker MI  or whatever, then inside there, paste the heat splits from MI.txt.

Cut the drivers split from
Race 1: 474, 429, 213, 283, 82, 136, 604, 219, 322, 649, 178, 16, 46, 134,
Race 2: 119, 740, 121, 257, 713, 760, 409, 269, 440, 166, 27, 919, 385, 475,

into your heats template
Race 1, go on green unless messed - national points
Server A:
Server A: Server host and IP/password if needed
-
Server B:
Server B: Server host and IP/password if needed

If you missed out drivers from the DriversList on purpose, make sure you list them. Hosts obviously don't need to be, but I always make sure I put my DP's as the first drivers listed on the heats template.

Despite the GridCalc randomizing drivers into heats, it has been noticed it occasionally puts certain drivers together more frequently than others, so just re-running the GridCalc to make new heats in MI.txt solves this.
If drivers leave during a meeting, delete them from the DriversList.txt and rerun the gridcalc to give more accurate heatsplits.
You can also get a quick up to date drivers list by copying the results from the latest heats into notepad, using delimeters and removing duplicates - this lists tex files though, so be wary of drivers in duplicate cars, novices, etc. Remember to remove hosts and DPs if needed

Last edited by Dalags on Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dalags
Dalags
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Splitting Heats and MI's Empty Re: Splitting Heats and MI's

Post  Dalags Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:36 pm

MI running orders
Non points meetings:
Run as many non points heats as you can before a certain time. Then run semi's to deice Final.

Championship/title meetings:
5 or 6 non points heats where the top X non qualified scorers go through to the main race (points scored should only matter for this meeting else you're looking at some pretty roddy heats)
This saves having an LCQ and everyone fucking off, it keeps people racing for most of the night, gives people who aren't in the main race already a goal, allows qualifers to have a crash and to get revenge on anyone not qualified, rewards more consistant drivers as opposed to someone with all their mates helping having a lucky LCQ etc etc.

Domestics, either:
X national points heats
X non points
Semis
Final

X national points heats
Final for top scoring
Dalags
Dalags
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down